Saturday, March 17, 2012

More Physics

I've been working on the physics today. I think I'm going to stick with Verlet integration, but add a few more details. The player is now represented by 3 points instead of just the 1. Now I need to figure out how to handle the controls. With Verlet integration, just moving the points around to point at the mouse causes the player to go flying around without much control.

I want the mouse to control the arm when the player isn't on the rope, and then apply a bit of rotational friction to the feet to allow the player to do flips. Then, when they're swinging around, the mouse should control the feet to allow them to build up some momentum to move forward.

Conservation of momentum is important, but tricky. I suppose I don't need it to be perfect, but flying around by shaking the mouse should be discouraged. :P

No comments: