Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring Break Games

Several years ago, I played a game called Pendulumecha (IIRC). Whatever you might say about the gameplay, the physics are awful. Mechanically, there's a lot wrong with it. Enough that I thought I could probably do better than that in a day. So I started on a game that became Grapnel (see the About Me section). I did get most of the basics out of the way on day 1, but I spent the rest of spring break adding more details.

The next year, I happened to download the demo for Flash CS3 right before spring break. I decided to remake Grapnel in Flash. It took most of the week, and I ended up leaving out a couple of details, but I finished that and uploaded it to Kongregate.

It's been a few years, but I've been using Flixel and FlashDevelop recently, so this spring break, I think I'm going to try and make Grapnel 2. I have a couple of ideas on how to make it more than just a clone, but I'm probably going to need a few more.

No comments: